On Mac OS X, you can run KH Coder with its source code. Though it's free of charges, you have to go through the very complicated setup process in this way. You need to extensively use "Terminal" application and the "sudo" command. It's not easy unless you are a highly experienced UNIX user.
So, as a fee-based support service, I provide automatic setup software of KH Coder 2 for $39 USD. With this software, you can easily start using KH Coder 2 on your Mac.
*Though KH Coder itself is free of charges, this setup software is not a part of KH Coder and it is a commercial software.
Before buying it, please read following instructions carefully.
1. OS X 10.6 to 10.11 (64bit).
On 10.12, you will need this workaround.
2. Please download and install Xquartz if you don't have it yet.
3. Please download and install JDK (Java SE Development Kit) if you don't have it yet.
4. Restart your Mac.
1. Expand and copy "khcoder" folder
- Double click the downloaded zip file to expand it. Then you will get “khcoder” folder.
- Copy it into somewhere in your home folder.
2. Execute the automatic setup software:
(click to enlarge)
3. Start KH Coder:
(click to enlarge)
(On some systems, you may have to start Xquartz manually before starting KH Coder)
From here, please follow the instractions in the "Quick Start Tutorial."
Where to buy
You can buy it here: Support Services for KH Coder Users (Gumroad.com)
You have to read and accept the license below before buying it.
- This automatic setup software is not a free software. And you cannot redistribute this software.
- You have to buy as many copies of this software as the number of computers you would like to use it on.
- This software is provided "as is" without warranty in any kind. The provider of this software is not liable to you for damages including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use this software.